Before using this model of A/V receiver for the first time (see the Products section below) or to return settings you have made back to the factory defaults, follow these steps for initializing the A/V receiver:
IMPORTANT: Make sure to use the buttons on the front of the A/V receiver for this procedure.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Performing this operation will reset the A/V receiver back to the original factory settings. All programmed information will be lost.
- Press the POWER button to turn off the A/V receiver.
- Press and hold down the TONE MODE and DMPORT buttons.
- While holding down the TONE MODE and DMPORT buttons, press and release the POWER button to turn the A/V receiver on.
- Wait approximately 5 seconds and then release the TONE MODE and DMPORT buttons.
- MEMORY CLEARING will temporarily appear in the display of the A/V receiver and then MEMORY CLEARED will appear.
- It takes about 30 seconds for the memory to be cleared completely. Do not turn the A/V receiver off until MEMORY CLEARED appears on the display.