IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
When you turn on the computer, if the monitor stays black or does not turn on, then it is likely that the incorrect display input source has been selected. On the right side of the monitor, press the INPUT SELECT select button to switch the input from the external HDMI® device to the monitor display source.
Follow this procedure to prevent this issue from happening again in the future:
NOTE: Changing these settings will prompt the computer to auto-search to determine if there is an external input source connected. If not, the monitor will be automatically switched on.
- On the right side of the monitor, press the MENU button.
- Use the arrow keys to select the OPTION menu, and then press the OK button.
- On the OPTION menu, use the arrow keys to select INPUT SENSING MODE, and then press the OK button.
- On the INPUT SENSING MODE menu, use the arrow keys to select AUTO ON, and then press the OK button.
- On the right side of the monitor, press the Menu button to exit the on-screen menu.