IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow this procedure to resolve the issue.
- Download and install the BIOS Update Utility (AIBSYS-00235840-1040.EXE) update.
Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: This BIOS update will allow the CPU C3/C6 function within the BIOS menu to be enabled or disabled.
- Restart the computer.
- At the initial SONY screen, press the F2 key to enter the BIOS setup utility.
- In the BIOS setup utility window, press the ARROW keys to navigate to the Advanced tab.
- On the Advanced tab, press the ARROW keys to navigate to CPU C3/C6 Support, and then press the Enter key.
- Press the ARROW keys to highlight Disabled, and then press the Enter key.
- Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS setup utility.
- In the Setup Confirmation dialog box, press the Enter key to save the changes and exit.
NOTE: Disabling the CPU C3/C6 function may cause the battery to have shorter battery life.