You can connect up to a maximum of 16 Sony® HS-KP1 Keypads (not supplied) by adding a second HS-MB1 Distribution Panel sub unit to the main unit. To expand or to stack the distribution panels (Stack connection), follow these steps:
NOTE: Make sure each Distribution Panel has a separate 10V DC power supply, as well as a 19.5V supply for each keypad that gets connected.
- Connect an RS-232C Null modem cross cable (not supplied) to the RS-232C port on the back of both the main unit and the sub unit.
- Connect an IDE (Integrated Drive Electronic) 20-pin cable (not supplied) from the Zone Expansion Out on the sub unit to the Zone Expansion In on the main unit.
- Connect the HS-AC1 power supply for both panels to the wall AC outlet at the same time.
- Set the SERVICE switch on the back of the panel to LOCAL.
- ZONE - Select this when updating the Keypad's firmware.
- LOCAL - Select this when updating the Distribution panel's firmware.
- When connecting a second HS-MB1 Distribution Panel to the main unit, the Source 1-4 terminals on the sub unit cannot be used.
- When connecting a second HS-MB1 Distribution Panel to the main unit, the video signal input from Source 1-4 terminals of the main unit cannot output from the ZONE 1-4 terminals of the sub unit.
- When updating the firmware, disconnect the RS-232C Null modem cross cable from the sub unit and connect directly to the computer from the main unit.
If the Stack connection is accurate:
- On the main unit - the Service light will blink in a fast on/off sequence.
- On the sub unit(s) - the Service light will blink in a slow on/off sequence.
If the Stack connection has not been hooked-up properly:
- the HSKP1 keypads connected to the sub unit will not retain time settings.
- the Service light on the sub unit will not be lit.
- the Service light on the main unit will be lit up solid green.