IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
It is possible that Windows Media® Player may become unintentionally uninstalled or disabled by viruses or malware infections. Follow this procedure to reinstall the Windows Media Player software.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Programs.
- In the Programs window, under Programs and Features, click Turn windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features window, double-click Media Features.
- Under Media Features, click to place a check in the box next to Windows Media Player, and then click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.