Error Message Stops Firmware Update
Error: Could not find the camera for this update. or Update has been aborted due to error in process.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Troubleshoot the Error
Follow the steps according to which error message is displayed:
- Error: Could not find the camera for this update
- The battery power may be too low. Make sure that the battery is fully charged and then try the update again.
- For computers running on Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, make sure to run the firmware updater as an administrator.
- Look for the location of the .exe file.
- Right-click on the .exe file and choose Run as Administrator.
- Error: Update has been aborted due to error in process
This error may appear if your computer runs on Apple® Mac OS X® 10.5 or higher and the update requires a 32-bit operating system.Note:
- If you are using Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7, you can boot your system into 32-bit mode. To properly download and install the firmware update, follow this Apple Knowledge Base article.
- You can't run in 32-bit mode if you are using Mac OS X® 10.8 or later. As an alternative, update your device's firmware using a computer running on Microsoft Windows OS.