- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Social Feed Reader icon.
- In the Social Feed Reader screen, under Services, tap the Facebook icon.
NOTE: If you do not have a Facebook account, then perform the following to create an account before proceeding further:
- Under Need a Facebook account?, tap Sign up here.
- In the Sign Up for Facebook screen, tap in each of the fields presented and use the on-screen keyboard to enter the appropriate information.
- Once all required fields have been filled out, tap the Sign Up button.
- Fill out the Security Check information.
- A confirmation will be sent to the email address or phone number entered.
- Phone – A text message will be sent for confirmation.
- Email – A email confirmation will be sent which will require the user to click on a specific link.
- In the facebook screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter an appropriate email address or phone number, and the password, and then tap the Log In button.
NOTE: If the error message Cannot Authenticate appears when attempting to log in into Facebook, then one of three things needs addressed:
- The password, email address or phone number was enter incorrectly. Double check those fields to confirm the appropriate information is entered and try to log in again.
- There is not an active internet connection. Verify that you are connected to a wireless access point and attempt to log in again.
- The Facebook account is not active or has not been correctly verified. Contact Facebook to resolve any account issues.
- A confirmation box will appear asking if you want the application to remember the password or not. Tap to select the prefered option.
- Tap the OK button to complete the process.
Your Facebook account has now been added to the Social Feed Reader application.