Follow this procedure to purchase a book or magazine using the Reader™ by Sony application.
IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure, make sure you have setup the Reader application and are logged into your Reader Store account .
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Reader by Sony icon.
- In the Reader screen, tap Reader Store.
- In the Reader Store screen, browse to locate the book or magazine title you wish to purchase.
NOTE: If you do not see the book or magazine title you wish to purchase, the following methods can help you locate the title you are looking for:
- Tap the Search field, use the on-screen keyboard to enter the title or author of the book and then tap Go.
- Browse the Bestseller list.
- Browse by Category.
- Browse the Featured list.
- Once you have located the book title you wish to purchase, tap to select the book or magazine.
- In the [Book Title] screen, tap the Add to Cart button.
- Once the book has been added to the card the Add to Cart button will now be grayed out, indicating that the book has been added to your cart.
- If desired, repeat the last to steps to add as many book as you would like to your shopping cart.
- Once all the desired books have been added, tap the My Cart button.
- In the My Cart screen, tap the Checkout button.
NOTE: If this is the first time you have attempted to purchase a book or do not have a credit card on file, you will see a Billing Info Needed screen. If this is the case you will need to either tap the Edit Payment Info button or the My Account link and submit the required credit card information before the purchase can be completed.
- In the Checkout Confirmation screen, tap the Complete Purchase button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase.
NOTE: In the Reader screen, your newly purchased book (s) will be displayed in the Recently Purchased section.