This message might appear when attempting to install a driver or application from the Sony® eSupport website, the model number registered on the computer may be incorrect. In some cases the model number will be listed as Reserved .
Perform the following procedure only if the model number listed in the computer Operating System is incorrect.
- Disable the User Account Control.
NOTE: Adjusting the User Account Control feature varies depending on operating system.
- Verify and rename the Model number by following the steps below.
- Click Start.
- Click Computer.
- Click Local Disk (C:).
- Click to open the Windows folder.
- Within this folder look for a .txt file named Model and click to open it.
IMPORTANT: Before modifying anything, create a backup of the .txt file.
- Once the .txt file is open, within quotes you will find the model number, replace it with the correct one.
- On the Menu bar click File.
- Click Save As.
- Select the path where the .txt file is currently located.
- Click Yes on the Do you want to replace message.
- Attempt to install the driver or application again.
NOTE: If two Model.txt files are listed, open the largest one.