If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network but your Google Books, Calendar, Contacts or Gmail apps are not synchronizing to your Google account, then either the synchronization has been turned off for that account, the synchronization for those applications has been turned off or you are linked to a different or incorrect Google account. Follow this procedure to verify the Google account configuration and application settings.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Accounts & sync.
- In the Accounts & sync screen, tap the Google account.
NOTE: The account with the lower case G icon is an easy way to identify the Google account.
- In the Sync settings screen, make sure there is a check next to all of the application Sync options you want to be synchronized.