When performing a Factory data reset there is an option box labeled Erase USB storage. If you wish to erase all music, pictures and any other user data present on the tablet during the factory restore process, make sure the Erase USB storage option is check marked.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap to select Factory data reset.
- In the Factory data reset screen, read the text on the page and then tap to place a check in the box next to Erase USB storage.
IMPORTANT: By placing a check in the box next to Erase USB storage, you will be directing the reset procedure to also remove all music, pictures and any other user data present on the tablet.
- After reading the text, tap to select Reset tablet.
- In the Confirm reset screen, if you are sure you want to continue with the rest procedure, tap Erase everything.
- The tablet will restart as the reset procedure is completed.