It is generally a requirement that you accept some kind of Network Agreement or Terms of Service before being connected to a hot-spot network. The reason the tablet is unable to connect is because the Network Agreement or Terms of Service (TOS) page does not display, thereby preventing you from completing the steps needed to connect. This happens because some web pages are designed and written to display primarily on a computer screen and so do not display correctly on the tablet.
Follow these steps for a workaround that should allow you to see the Network Agreement or TOS page and allow you to accept and connect to the network.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Browser icon.
- In the Browser screen, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap Advanced.
- In the Advanced screen, tap to remove the checkmark in the box next to Enable Quick View.
Once the Quick View option has been disabled, attempt to connect to the network hot-spot again. The Network Agreement or Terms of Service page should be displayed and allow you to accept and connect to the network.