By default, whenever you insert an SD Card into the tablet an SD card inserted message will appear asking if you wish to open File Transfer or Close. If you wish to prevent the message from appearing, or set it up so that the File Transfer application starts automatically whenever an SD Card into the tablet, perform the following steps.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the File transfer icon.
- In the File transfer screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap Connecting external storage.
- At the Connecting external storage prompt, tap to select the action you wish to happen whenever any external storage device (SD Card or USB device) is connected:
NOTE: The available options are:
- Do nothing - This option will prevent any message from appearing.
- Show confirmation dialog - This is the default action and will continue to display the message you see now.
- Start File transfer - This option will automatically launch the File Transfer application.