NOTE: It is important to check BIOS to make sure the Wireless card (and/or Ethernet card) has not been disabled there before performing an FFR or scheduling the computer for service.
Follow the below steps to correct the issue:
- Make sure the physical wireless switch is on.
- Check Device Manager for the wireless network adapter.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- Under Devices and Printers, click Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click the arrow next to Network adapters.
- If no wireless network adapter shows in Device Manager, reset BIOS defaults and reboot into Windows.
- Check Device Manager again for wireless adapter.
- If wireless adapter still does not show in Device Manager, use System Restore to restore to an earlier date when wireless adapter was working.
- If issue still persists, perform a System Recovery to determine whether the wireless card has failed.
NOTE: On some models, Wireless and Ethernet adapters can be disabled in the BIOS.
- If wireless adapter shows in Device Manager, uninstall/reinstall wireless adapter driver.
- Open VAIO Care and reinstall the device driver for the wireless adapter.
- Reboot the computer.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.