The Metering Mode is useful when taking pictures with a lot of light in the environment or when there is a bright background behind your subject. In situations like this, still photos can make your subject appear too dark or too light.
Follow the steps below to use the Metering Mode of the camera.
IMPORTANT:If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Exit the Easy mode.
- Select the REC Mode option.
- Select the Program mode.
- Select MENU.
- Select Metering Mode.
- Select the desired Metering mode option.
- Multi: The image is divided into multiple areas and metering is performed for each area. The camera examines the subject position and background brightness to choose a well-balanced exposure.
- Center: Metering is performed with priority given to the center of the image. The exposure is determined based on the brightness of a subject near the center.
- Spot: Metering is performed for only a small part in the center of the image to determine the exposure. This lets you shoot the image with the subject highlighted, or adjust the exposure when there is strong contrast between the subject and the background.
NOTE: The Face Detection feature is not available when using the Center or Spot Metering options.