Follow this procedure to create a folder on the Tablet desktop.
- The ability to create a folder on the Tablet desktop is a feature specific to the Android version 4.0 (or later) operating system.
- Perform a system update to upgrade your tablet to the latest version of the Android operating system.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- Tap and hold one of the icons on the Desktop.
- Drag the selected icon over top of another icon.
NOTE: You will notice a circle appear around the bottom icon.
- Release the selected icon and a folder will be created containing both icons.
- Tap to open the newly created folder, and then tap Unnamed Folder.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the desired folder name.
- There must be at least two icons present inside a folder in order for it to exist. If you remove one icon from a folder that only has two icons in it, the folder will disappear and the icons will both reside on their own on the desktop.
- To remove an icon from a folder, tap to open the folder, tap and hold the desired icon, drag that icon to a place on the desktop outside of the folder and then release. The icon will now be on the desktop and not inside the folder.