IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
This article is designed to assist when attempts to perform a network update on a Blu-ray Disc® player or Blu-ray home theater system repeatedly fails. In most cases, an update will fail because the network connection is not fast enough or the speed is unstable. This is especially true when trying to download an update using a wireless connection. We recommend making sure that other Internet devices are not being used at the same time that the update is in progress. This includes online gaming, video streaming and other online activities that require a large amount of bandwidth.
NOTE: The following error message is an example of what may appear to indicate that the update failed.
- If the update fails using a wireless connection after turning off or disabling other Internet device on the same Network, connect the player to your modem or router using a wired connection and attempt the update.
Wired (using the RJ-45 LAN connection)
NOTE: The LAN connection on the back of the device can be used to connect directly to your router (wired) or can be used to connect to a wireless adapter (sold separately) to provide a wireless connection.
- Using an Ethernet connection directly to your modem or router.
- Using a gaming adapter or wireless bridge .
- Using a powerline adapter .
NOTE: If the update fails to install while using a wired connection, power cycle the router and attempt the update again.
- If the update fails or you are unable to connect the Blu-ray Disc player to the Network using a wired connection, use a computer to download and create an update disc. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
If you have connected the Blu-ray disc player to the router using a wired connection, and also tried downloading the update using a computer and USB device, and the update still fails, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.