IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
NOTE: Prior to following the steps in the solution, make sure you have downloaded the available software (firmware) for your device. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Check the software version of the A/V receiver:
- Turn off the A/V receiver by pressing the Power button on the front of the A/V receiver.
- While holding down the Input Mode and Display buttons on the front panel of the unit, press the Power button on the A/V receiver itself to display the software version.
- Check current software version of the unit to make sure that the update being installed is a newer software version.
- Turn the A/V receiver off.
- Connect the CD player, DVD player or Blu-ray Disc® player to the A/V receiver using optical cables.
- Set the A/V receiver to the input used to connect the player.
- Play music or movie to make sure that sound is heard through the A/V receiver speakers.
NOTE: Additional information is available if sound is not heard .
- Insert the Update Disc into the player.
- Press and hold the INPUT MODE button and the MUTING button on the front panel of the A/V receiver and then press the Power button.
- Update will be displayed on the front panel of the receiver. Wait for the A/V receiver to display Play Disc then play the downloaded disc on the player.
- Updating should show immediately, if not click the Forward button or Next button on the player to play the next track on the disc.
- Wait until COMPLETE is displayed on the front panel of the A/V receiver.
- Stop the player.