DLNA® stands for Digital Living Network Alliance and is a technology that allows your Sony networked products to interact with each other. With the built-in DLNA feature on your tablet you can send, or "throw" images or videos to a BRAVIA TV or other DLNA enabled device.
IMPORTANT: To use the DLNA feature of the tablet, all of the DLNA devices you wish to throw to must be turned on and be connected to the same DLNA network.
Follow these steps to throw images or videos from the tablet to another DLNA enabled device.
NOTE: We will use the Album application to demonstrate the Throw feature in this procedure, but the process will be very similar for the Movies app, or any application that displays the Throw icon.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Album icon.
NOTE: The Album app will display all the pictures available on the tablet, including those located on an SD card if one has been inserted.
- In the Album screen, tap a picture thumbnail to open and view that picture.
- Once the picture opens, tap anywhere on the screen to display the playback controls.
- With the playback controls visible, in the upper-right corner of the screen tap the Throw icon.
- In the Play on device prompt, tap to select the DLNA network device you want to throw the picture to via DLNA.
NOTE: The Play on device prompt will show all of the devices that are available on your DLNA network. If a device is not being shown but you think it should be, make sure that device is turned on and has been configured to be a part of your DLNA network.
- The Throw icon will change to a Loading icon as your picture is sent to the selected device.
NOTE: To stop throwing content to the selected device, tap the DLNA icon again and in the Play on device prompt, tap My device. The selected content will now be displayed only on the tablet.