You can upgrade the firmware of your Reader device directly on the Reader itself or through the Reader software.
From the Reader:
NOTE: You must have an active Wi-Fi® connection. If you do not or are not able to connect, follow the steps for how to update using the Reader software.
- With your Reader device turned on, tap Applications.
- In the Applications menu, tap Settings.
- In the Settings menu, tap System Management.
- In the System Management menu, tap Check for Updates.
From the Reader for PC or Mac software:
- Plug your Reader device into the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- On the Reader, touch Yes to allow your computer to recognize the Reader.
- Start the Reader for PC or Reader for Mac® software.
- Click Help, then click Check for Updates.
- Click the box to place a check mark next to I agree to the above.
- Click Update now.
- In the Updater window, select the appropriate language.
- Review the License Agreement, click to put a check in the box and then click OK.
- Click Update.
NOTE: The reader will go in to Device Shutdown. This is normal. Do not disconnect it from the computer.
- When the Update complete message is displayed, disconnect the reader from the computer.