Follow these steps to set up and use the Accuweather app.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the AccuWeather icon.
- At the Terms and Conditions prompt, tap I Agree.
- At the Enter Location prompt, enter the desired location:
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type the desired location and then tap the triangle icon to enter that location.
- Tap the Microphone icon if you wish to use the Google Voice feature to speak and enter the desired location.
- Tap the Get GPS icon if you wish to use the GPS feature to enter your current GPS location.
NOTE: When using the on-screen keyboard or the Google Voice feature, because there may be multiple locations with similar names, you may be prompted to specify the exact location you intend to enter.
- You will now be at the main AccuWeather screen for the location specified.
If you wish to add other locations, tap the Locations icon and enter the additional locations using either the on-screen keyboard or the Google Voice feature methods described above.
NOTE: The Get GPS option is only available for the primary location and not for entering additional locations.
If you wish to change the Temperature, Wind Speed or Precipitation Measurement display methods, or the Time or Date formats, tap the Settings icon and then tap the setting you wish to change.
Once you have a location set, there are several different AccuWeather feature screens that can be accessed.
Those AccuWeather feature screens include:
- Current: This screen will provide the current weather statistics for the selected location.
- Hourly: This screen will provide the forecasted weather by hour for the selected location.
- Forecast: This screen will provide the forecasted weather by day for the selected location.
- Maps: This screen will display the Radar and Satellite maps for the selected location.
- Lifestyles: This screen will display how the weather for the selected location may affect different aspects of you life.
- Videos: This screen will display available local, regional and national weather related videos.
- News: This screen will display available local, regional and national weather related news.