The minimum system requirements of a computer for the Sound Organizer software to operate are as follows:
Computer: IBM® PC/AT or compatible
- Windows® 8: 64-bit (Windows 8 / Windows 8 Pro)
- IMPORTANT: Sound Organizer version 1.4 is compatible with Windows® 8, but not Windows® 8.1. Please check back for updated information in the next Sound Organizer release.
- Windows 7: 64-bit (Ultimate / Professional / Home Premium / Home Basic / Starter)
- Windows Vista®: 64 bit, Service Pack 2 or later (Ultimate / Business / Premium / Home Basic)
- Windows XP: Service Pack 3 or later (Media Center Edition 2005 / Media Center Edition 2004 / Professional / Home Edition)
- Windows 8: Pentium® III 1 GHz or higher
- Windows 7: Pentium® III 1 GHz or higher
- Windows Vista: Pentium® III 800 MHz or higher
- Windows XP: Pentium® III 500 MHz or higher
- Windows 8 (64-bit): 2 GB or more
- Windows 7 (64-bit): 2 GB or more
- Windows Vista (Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate editions): 1 GB or more
- Windows Vista (Home Basic edition): 512 MB or more
- Windows XP: 256 MB or more
Hard Disk Space: 300 MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
Optical Disk Drive: A CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW drive is necessary to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or data CDs/DVDs.
Port: Compatible USB port.
Sound Board: Sound cards compatible with any of the supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
Display: High color (16-bit) or higher and 800 x 600 resolution or higher
Internet Access: Required to use podcasts and Gracenote (information retrieval service for audio CDs)
- Operating systems not listed above are not supported.
- Apple® Macintosh® computers are not compatible.
- Only the operating system originally bundled with the computer is supported. Operations cannot be guaranteed in an upgraded or multi-boot environment.
- Not all Sony® Digital Voice Recorders (DVR) are supported by the Sound Organizer software. To see if your DVR is supported by the Sound Organizer software, check the manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.