The Watch Now app is a new way to watch television by providing an interactive, constantly updating, visual program guide. You can also link the Watch Now app to your favorite social media services and use Watch Now to change the channel on your television via the Remote Control.
Follow these steps to download, setup and begin using the Watch Now app
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- In the Apps screen, tap the Play Store icon.
- If a Google Play Terms of Service prompt appears, tap the Accept button.
- Details of the Google Play, Google Music, Google Books and YouTube Terms of Service can all be viewed by tapping the corresponding link.
- In the Google Play Store screen, tap the Search icon, and use the on-screen keyboard to enter Sony Watch Now.
- In the Search Results screen, tap the Watch Now icon.
- In the Google Play Store Watch Now screen, tap the Install button.
- At the Permissions prompt, tap the Accept & download button.
- Once the installation is complete, tap the Home icon, in the upper-right corner tap the Apps icon, and then tap the new Watch Now icon.
- In the Watch Now screen, tap the Continue button.
- In the Watch Now | TV Service Provider screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter the desired Zip Code, and then tap the Enter key.
- Under the Zip Code, tap the down arrow, tap to select the desired TV Service Provider, and then tap the Next Step button.
- In the Watch Now | Channel Setup screen, scroll down through the available channel list, tap to select all the desired channels, and then tap the Next Step button.
NOTE: There will be several channels pre-selected. Selected channels will have a blue check mark next to them.
- In the Watch Now | Social screen, tap the Next Step button.
- In the Watch Now | Set Up Remote Control screen, tap the Finish button.
- In the Watch Now Feature Controls screen, tap the Let's Go button.
- The Watch Now app is now set up and you will begin to see the channels you have selected scroll across the screen.
NOTE: You can swipe up to throw and begin watching that show on your television, swipe to the left or right to browse available shows, or tap individual shows to see more information.
NOTE: If desired, you can now setup either the social media services or Remote Control app (or both) within the Watch Now app.