Below is a list of common questions and answers about using the Picture Effect+ application and its bundled features.
IMPORTANT: Picture Effect+ is only supported for installation on select Sony® camera models. Visit the www.sony.net/pmca website for information about supported cameras.
- A warning message appears when Picture Effect+ is started. Depending on your camera, make sure you have the mode dial selected to the P, A, S, or M modes. Select OK to clear the message.
- I cannot see the Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Watercolor, or Illustration effect on the LCD screen when recording. These effects are only visible during playback.
- What is the difference between the Miniature option the Miniature+ feature? Miniature+ allows you to add Retro and Toy Camera effects onto pictures being taken with the Miniature option of the camera. The Miniature option of the camera does not offer this flexibility.
- What is the difference between the Toy Camera option and the Toy Camera+ feature? Toy Camera+ provides the option of adjusting the surrounding hue and darkness when taking photos. The Toy Camera option does not provide this flexibility.
- What is the difference between the Soft High-key option and the Soft High-key+ feature? Soft High-key+ provides the option to add pink, green, or blue color effects when taking pictures. These are effects not offered with the Soft High-key option built into the camera.
- What is the difference between the Partial Color option and the Partial Color+ feature? Partial Color+ allows you to select two colors and keep the rest of the image black and white. Whereas, the Partial Color option built into the camera only allows one color to be selected at a time for each picture.
- I selected Auto in the Miniature+ feature, but the defocused area is not displayed on the LCD screen. The defocused area is adjusted automatically inside the camera, it is not displayed on the screen. You can see the results when playing back the image.
- The combined effects are turned off when I select Auto in the Miniature+ feature. When Auto is selected, the combined effects are disabled. This is normal operation.
- Can the drive mode be selected while Picture Effect+ is active? The drive mode cannot be changed while Picture Effect+ is active.
- Can the Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) be selected while Picture Effect+ is active? DRO cannot be used while Picture Effect+ is active.
- Can the Creative Style option of the camera be used while Picture Effect+ is active? The Creative Style option cannot be selected while Picture Effect+ is active.
- Can pictures taken with Picture Effect+ be saved as a RAW file? The pictures taken with Picture Effect+ are only saved as JPEG files.
- Which exposure modes can be use with the Picture Effect+ application? Only the P, A, S, and M modes can be used.
- Setting Effect OFF is selected in the menu, but the Partial Color+ effect is still displayed on the LCD screen. The Partial Color+ setting cannot be turned off while the application is active. Exit the application to return the LCD screen and camera to normal operation.