IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Perform the following steps if the sound from the speaker system skips, noisy, or distorted:
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the speaker system sound status after completing each step.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Decrease the volume level of the playback device.
- Turn off the Bass Boost or any similar equalizer function, on the playback device.
NOTE: When connected to a Walkman® player, turn off the Dynamic Normalizer, Equalizer, VTP (Virtualphones Technology), DSEE, etc.
- When using computer or a mobile device as the playback device, other applications may be placing heavy loads. Close unnecessary applications.
- Place the speaker system away from any wireless LAN, TV, or microwave oven.
- Move the playback device closer to the speaker system or away from any sources of noise.
- For the model SRS-BTD70, if the POWER lamp of the speaker is flashing have the batteries replaced. It might be that the power is running low.
- Connect the speaker to a different wall outlet.
- The use of an optional AC power extension cord with a noise filter is recommended.
- If the playback device has a built-in radio or tuner, move it away from the speaker system.
- Keep the speaker away from metal objects.