There should be no wiggle or movement where the lens attaches to the camera. Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue.
- Remove the lens from the body of the camera.
- Examine the pins and mount on the body of the camera that connect to the lens.
- Make sure the pins are not bent.
- Make sure nothing is covering or obstructing the pins.
- Make sure the mount is tight and secure so there is no movement.
IMPORTANT: If the mount is loose or the pins are bent on the camera body, then service will be required.
- Make sure nothing is covering or obstructing the metal contacts on the lens.
- If there are no bent pins or other obstructions, reattach the lens to the camera body and make sure it locks into place.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try connecting a different lens (if available) to determine whether the problem is with the lens or the camera body.
IMPORTANT: If the issue does not happen with other lenses, then the previous lens may require service. However, if the issue occurs with other lenses as well, then the camera body may require service.
NOTE: If the issue is not resolved and a lens from another manufacturer is being used, then the lens (or lens adapter) may not be compatible.