Wi-Fi® Protected Setup (WPS) is a feature supplied with many routers. It is designed to make the process of connecting to a secure wireless network from a computer or other device easier.
NOTE: Some manufactures may use the following terms instead of WPS (Push Button) to describe this function.
- Wi-Fi Simple Config
- Push 'n' Connect
- Quick Secure Setup (QSS)
Verify that the router and the internet capable device supports the WPS feature:
- Look on your modem or router to see if it has a WPS button:
- Go into the Network menu of your internet capable device to see if the WPS option is available.
Follow these steps to set up a WPS (Push Button) connection:
- Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Set up or Setup Network Connections.
- Select Wireless, Wireless LAN or Wi-Fi.
- Select WPS (Push Button).
- Select Start so that the TV searches for the WPS connection.
- Press the WPS button on the router to establish a connection. Depending on the router and the home configuration, it may take a few minutes to connect.
NOTE: Most routers have a light that flashes while the connection is established.
- Once a successful connection is made, select OK.
WPS Push button method for Android™ TVs
- Using the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Under the Network & Accessories category, select Network.
- Under the Network category, select Network setup.
- Under the Network setup, select either Easy or Expert.
- On the Select how to connect to your network screen, select Wi-Fi.
- On the Select a way to connect to your wireless router screen, select CONNECT BY WPS BUTTON.
- Press the WPS button on the wireless router.
NOTE: The search for the network router is cancelled if you do not press the WPS button on the router within 2 minutes.
- Under the Device Network screen, select Wi-Fi.
- Under the Network Wi-Fi screen, select Connect via WPS.
Press the WPS button on the router.
If the WPS connection fails, try the following:
- Make sure that the router's WPS feature is enabled.
- Move the router closer to the device.
Contact the router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for further assistance.