Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the cassette compartment will not open or the tape is stuck and will not eject.
IMPORTANT: If the camcorder model has a RESET button, first try pressing this button. If there is no RESET button, or pressing the button does not resolve the issue, continue with the troubleshooting steps below.
- Turn off the camcorder.
- Remove the battery from the camera.
- Remove the AC power supply from the camera.
- Slide the power switch on the camera to the VTR, VCR or CAMERA mode for 15 seconds.
- Slide the power switch back to the OFF position.
- Connect the AC power supply to the camera.
- Attempt to open the cassette compartment.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.