Follow this procedure to ensure the monitor cables are correctly connected.
IMPORTANT: Some computers may have two video outputs. Ensure the correct output is used before proceeding with the steps below. To know more about the proper connection, check the specifications or supplied operations guide.
Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Turn off the monitor.
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect the monitor power and data cables.
- Correctly and securely reconnect the monitor power and data cables.
- Inspect the monitor cables to ensure that there are no breaks, cuts, kinks, bent or broken pins, or other damage that could affect the function of cable. Do not use damaged cables.
- Consult the monitor manual or users guide for detailed instructions on how to properly connect the monitor.
- If using a BNC connection for the monitor, ensure the 5 BNC connectors are in the proper order (red, green, blue, horizontal sync, vertical sync).
- For monitors which support both a BNC and a HD15 connection, ensure the monitor is configured to use the appropriate connection type.
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the monitor.