Follow these steps to manually clear a BIOS password.
WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss.
WARNING: There is a risk of software corruption.
- Shut down the computer.
- A ground will be needed before touching the jumpers. This can be accomplished either by touching the metal chassis of the computer or wearing an anti-static grounding strap.
- Face the back of the system and pull the metal tab on the top right corner.
- Open the side panel.
- Lift the side panel from the computer.
- Locate the Configuration Jumpers near the bottom right corner of the motherboard.
- Move the CMOS Jumper from 1-2 to 2-3.
- Start the computer.
- The system will start and display a CMOS Checksum Error - Default message loaded.
- Unplug the computer from the power.
NOTE: With the CMOS jumper in this position, using the power switch will no longer turn off the computer.
- Move the CMOS Jumper from 2-3 to 1-2.
- Replace the side cover of the computer.
- Reset the BIOS defaults .