The TV may not turn on if there is a power issue. The following situations may cause a power issue:
- A drop in voltage in electrical power
- Power fluctuations, such as brownouts or blackouts.
- A storm
If a power issue hasn't occurred, it's possible that the batteries in the remote control are weak or that something is interfering with the infrared (IR) signal to the TV.
- If the Red, Green, or Orange lights are on or blinking on the TV, a separate article is available to troubleshoot the issue.
Note: If you have the KDLxx-W6xxD series, continue with the steps below if the steady green light is on.
- Make sure the AC power cord is securely connected to a working wall outlet.
- If plugged into a power strip or surge protector, unplug the power cord and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the TV turns on, the issue is with the power strip or surge protector.
Make sure that the power cord is securely connected to the back of the TV.
Skip this step if the power cord on the TV isn't removable.
- Make sure that the ENERGY SAVING SWITCH is On.
Skip this step if the TV doesn't have a Energy Saving Switch.
- Press the POWER button on the TV.
- Press the POWER button on the supplied remote control.
- If the TV turns on and off using the POWER button on the TV but doesn't respond to the POWER button on the remote control, troubleshoot the remote control.
- Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord into a known working electrical wall outlet.
- Disconnect all external devices connected to the TV.
- Turn on the TV.
If the issue still occurs after following the above instructions, repair may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.