IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the television audio is not being output from the speakers of the Audio/Video (A/V) receiver.
- Ensure an A/V cable is connected to the AUDIO LINE OUT jack on the back of the television.
- Ensure the other end of the A/V cable is connected to an AUDIO INPUT jack on the receiver.
IMPORTANT: The PHONO input on a receiver will not work with a television.
- Tune the receiver to the appropriate input to receive the audio signal from the television.
- Turn up the television volume.
- Ensure the television volume is not muted.
- Change the television channel, audio may be temporarily out on some channels.
- If the issue is not resolved, it may be necessary to turn off the internal speakers of the television.
- The procedure to turn off the internal speakers of a television varies. Refer to the television instruction manual for the appropriate procedure to turn off the internal speakers of the television. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Some Sony® televisions have a SELECT OUT option in the setup menu that must be set to TV OUT. Refer to the instruction manual for the appropriate television model to set the SELECT OUT to TV OUT.
- If the issue is not resolved, replace the A/V cable. Go to Parts and Accessories.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.