Follow these steps to make a backup of the Registry.
WARNING: There is a risk of corrupting installed software and data loss whenever you edit the Registry.
IMPORTANT: This information applies only to computers using the operating systems listed below this article in the Applicable Products and Categories section.
- Click the Start button, and then click Run.
- In the Run window, type regedit and then click the OK button.
- In the Registry Editor window, on the menu bar, click File.
- Click Export.
- In the Export Registry File window, under Export range, click the All radio button.
- In the File name box, enter the name for the exported file and then click the Save button.
- In the Registry Editor window, click the x button at the upper-right to close the Registry Editor window.