IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Manual configuration for an application for compatibility mode is only available when the application is installed on the hard drive.
- Compatibility mode settings are retained until the changes are removed.
- Compatibility mode settings configured for one shortcut to an application are automatically applied to all shortcuts to the application.
- Click the Start button, point to All Programs , right-click on the shortcut normally used to start the application, and then click Properties .
- In the Application Properties window, click the Compatibility tab.
- In the Compatibility Mode box, click to select Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox.
- In the drop down menu , select the appropriate operating system.
- In the Display settings box, click to select any required display settings .
- Run in 256 colors will change the color depth to 256 colors until the application is closed.
- Run in 640x480 screen resolution will change the screen resolution to 640x480 until the application is closed.
- Disable visual themes will prevent visual themes such as menu animations, drop shadows, and other Windows® XP operating system features from being applied to the program. This setting may resolve issues when application menus are not displayed correctly in the operating system.
- Click the OK button.