- Click the Start button and then click the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Performance and Maintenance.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools window, click the Computer Management icon.
- In the Computer Management window, double-click Services and Applications.
- Double-click Services.
- In the Services window, double-click System Restore Services.
- In the System Restore Service Properties (Local Computer) window, locate Service Status.
NOTE: If System Restore is operating, Started will be shown. If System Restore is not operating, Stopped will be shown.