IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow this procedure to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drive.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- In the Action menu, click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service will be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.