Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the monitor power light is blinking and there is no picture.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the monitor status after completing each step.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Disconnect the monitor power plug, wait a few minutes, and then reconnect.
- Remove the monitor power plug from any surge protector or power strip and plug it directly into a known working electrical wall outlet.
NOTE: If the monitor works correctly when removed from a surge protector or power strip and plugged directly into a known working electrical wall outlet, the source of the issue is the surge protector or power strip.
- Disconnect the monitor data cable from the computer, check for bent or broken pins.
- Perform a monitor self-test.
NOTE: If the monitor self-test fails, the monitor may need service.
- If possible, connect the monitor to another computer.
- If the monitor works on another computer, there is a problem with the original computer video hardware or software display settings.
- Some software, particularly games, allow for configuration of monitor settings such as screen size. Incorrect settings can cause the monitor lights to blink and the screen to be blank.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.