IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot video pausing issues during playback.
- Eject the tape from the camcorder.
- Use a dry head-cleaning cassette to clean the video heads of the camcorder.
NOTE: Go to Parts and Accessories.
- Reinsert the tape into the camcorder.
- Playback the tape.
NOTE: If the issue is not resolved, clean the camcorder video heads one more time using the above steps.
- If the issue is still not resolved, eject the tape from the camcorder.
- Try playing other tapes with previously recorded video.
IMPORTANT: If the other tapes play correctly, then the first tape may be faulty and should be discarded. However, if all the tapes exhibit the issue, then the camcorder may require service. Go to Product Repair.
NOTE: If it is determined that the first tape is faulty, it may be possible to have the video recovered from the tape using Sony® Media Services .