Follow this procedure to try to resolve the issue. Check your manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If Picture mode is set to Cinema or Custom, the screen may become dark. If the screen is still dark after you change the picture quality mode, change the setting Backlight, Picture, Brightness and adjust the brightness to your taste.
Example of setting method: Check Picture Mode from Settings - Display - Picture and change the setting.Note: TVs are set up for Shop Front display settings, while in a store, which are very bright and vivid. However, some TVs come with more energy-friendly settings to comply with energy savings programs such as Energy Star®. Depending on such settings, the picture brightness level can be higher or lower.
- If Power Saving is set to Low or High, the screen becomes dark.
Example of setting method: Select Settings - System Settings - Eco and set Power Saving to Normal.
- Some TVs have a Light Sensor which makes the picture become brighter or lower depending on room lighting conditions. Turning off the Automatic Brightness Control may increase picture brightness.
- Try to play a movie from a different source, such as a DVD player or VCR.
Note: If the issue occurs only when viewing from one source, contact the device manufacturer for more information.
- If your TV has projection lamp, consider replacing it.
Note: The method to replace the lamp varies depending on the model. Check your manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If issue still occurs, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.