IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If the tone arm skips or if the stylus needle slides across the record, the turntable may not be level or the record may be dirty. Try doing the following steps to resolve this issue.
- Ensure the turntable is placed on a flat, level surface.
- Clean the stylus.
- To clean the stylus, brush it from back to front using a good-quality stylus cleaning brush.
- Do not clean the stylus with your finger tip.
- When using a fluid stylus cleaner, make sure not to moisten the stylus too much.
- Ensure the record is clean and does not have any scratches.
NOTE: To clean the record, wipe thoroughly using a good quality, commercially-available, record-cleaning kit.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.