Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the satellite receiver remote control.
- Reset the remote control .
- Locate the code numbers for the product you are trying to control.
IMPORTANT: Add a 1 to the beginning of the TV remote control codes, and add a 3 to the beginning of the VCR codes. For example, if the television code listed was 23, use code 123. If a VCR code is listed as 23, use code 323.
- Code numbers are available at Sony® support website.
- Code numbers are also available in the instruction manual.
Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- On the remote control, press the CODE SET button.
- Press the FUNCTION button, or move the Device Switch on the remote control that corresponds with the component being set up.
- Using the Number Keypad , enter the three digit code from the code list, and then press the ENTER or SELECT button.
- Test the remote control by pointing it at the programmed component, and then press the POWER button.
- When programming a VCR, an IR Blaster/VCR Mouse may interfere with the IR transmission.
- Some Sony VCR models have a command mode switch located on the unit. Verify that this switch is set to the VTR3 position.
- If the remote will not work a certain function of an additional component it may not learn that function.
- To control extra devices with the RMY-802, set the device switch to the appropriate position during programming and operation.
- The remote controls for the SAT-B series satellite receivers will not control an audio receiver.
- Satellite receiver remote controls will not control a SAVA speaker system, Sony Dream Systems, or the SLV-D100.