IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the camcorder does not focus properly.
IMPORTANT: If additional model specific instructions are needed to perform any of the steps below, refer to the operating instructions provided with your camcorder for more information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure the camcorder is set to auto focus and that there is sufficient lighting.
NOTE: If shooting in the dark with a camcorder using the NightShot® feature, the Manual Focus mode will produce better results.
- Turn off the program AE function.
NOTE: In Sunset & Moon and Landscape modes, the camera is set to focus at far distances. In Spotlight, Beach & Ski and Sports Lesson modes, the camera will only focus middle and far distances. These features preset the camera's aperture settings.
- Adjust the viewfinder focus lever.
- If the camcorder has a Digital Picture Effect mode, ensure it is turned OFF.
- If the camcorder has a CONVERSION setting in the menu, ensure it is turned OFF.
- If using an accessory lens, remove it.
- Some accessory lenses can cause the auto focus function not to work.
- If the above steps do not resolve this focus issue, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.