IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these general guidelines to troubleshoot if the video or images taken with the camcorder have a green tint.
IMPORTANT: If additional model specific instructions are needed to perform any of the steps listed here, refer to the operating instructions provided with your camcorder for more information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the camcorder has the NightShot® feature, turn it off.
- Turn off all picture effects.
- If an optional lens filter is installed, remove it.
- Reset all image controls to automatic, including White Balance, Exposure and Program AE.
- Shoot video in an environment with brighter lighting.
NOTE: If the recorded video and still pictures are still washed out, or have a greenish tint after following all the steps listed here, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.