IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Error messages can display when attempting to save a still image on Memory Stick® media for various reasons. Always ensure you are using Memory Stick media that is compatible with your camcorder and that it has been formatted by the camcorder before use. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
NOTE: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Remove the Memory Stick media from the camcorder.
- Ensure the switch on the Memory Stick media is not locked.
NOTE: If the Memory Stick media is locked, a Write-Protect Error will display.
- Reinsert the Memory Stick media into the Memory Stick slot on the camcorder.
- Move the POWER switch on the camcorder to the Memory Mode.
- Press and hold the PHOTO button until the red REC indicator displays on the LCD screen.
IMPORTANT: If the PHOTO button is not fully pressed, the REC indicator will not display and the picture will not be saved to the Memory Stick media.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. The following step requires the Memory Stick media to be formatted by the camcorder. Any pictures that already be saved to the Memory Stick media will be deleted when formatting.
- If the issue is not resolved, format the Memory Stick media in the camcorder.
- After formatting is complete, press the PHOTO button to try taking a picture on the Memory Stick media.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try using a different Memory Stick media.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.