Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Make sure the remote control is set properly to control the TV.
- Some remote controls have a TV FUNCTION button that should be pressed prior to operation.
- Some remote controls have a TV/VCR switch that needs to be moved to the TV position.
- Make sure there is nothing in front of the infrared (IR) sensor on the TV that may be blocking the signal from the remote control.
- Make sure you are pointing the remote control towards the IR sensor.
- The IR sensor on a Sony® TV is normally located at the bottom of the bezel beneath the screen. Depending on the TV model, the IR sensor may be located on the left, right, or center of the bottom bezel.
- Many TVs have a light sensor and an IR sensor. In some models the sensors are side-by-side, but in some models the light sensor is in the center of the bottom bezel, but the IR sensor is in the lower-right corner of the bezel. Make sure you are pointing the remote control at the IR sensor, not the light sensor.
NOTE: For more information about the location of the IR sensor on your TV, refer to the instruction manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If the issue is still not resolved, follow the troubleshooting steps for the remote control .
- Perform a power reset on the TV.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.Go to Product Repair.