Follow this procedure to troubleshoot playback or recording issues.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the device status after completing each step.
- Verify that the HOLD function is not activated.
- Remove the battery or disconnect the power source for 30 seconds.
- If using AC power, verify that the adapter in securely connected and plugged into a working outlet.
- If the unit does not work after the thirty seconds, remove the power source for thirty minutes.
- Replace the battery.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Initializing the internal memory of the device will erase all data.
- Initialize the internal flash memory.
If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.