If the TV changes channels, video inputs or raises and lowers the volume by itself, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
IMPORTANT: If the TV is connected to a cable or satellite set-top box, change the signal source on the TV. If this resolves the issue, contact your cable company or satellite set-top box manufacturer for assistance.
- Take the batteries out of the TV remote control.
NOTE: If the issue is resolved, check the remote control for any buttons that may be stuck that could be causing the undesired operation. If no stuck buttons can be found, the remote control may be faulty.
- Turn off the TV.
- Unplug the power cord of the TV from the AC outlet.
- Let the TV sit without power for 2 minutes.
- Plug the TV power cord back into the AC outlet.
- Turn on the TV.
- Check the TV for any buttons that may be stuck which could be causing the undesired operation.
- Auto-program the channels on the TV.
- In some rare instances, use of other wireless infrared devices in close proximity may cause this type of issue. Move the other devices away from the TV.
- If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.