IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below on how to capture video from a digital camcorder using the DVgate Plus™ software.
- The application will only import video using the i.LINK® port, USB is not supported.
- Ensure the camcorder is properly connected and turned on to the VTR or playback mode.
- Click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to DVgate Plus, and click DVgate Plus.
NOTE: If the Mode Select Guide window appears, click the Cancel button.
- On the DVgate Plus window, ensure that Capture Mode is displayed.
NOTE: If Capture Mode is not displayed, in the upper-right corner of the window, click the Go to Capture Mode folder to switch to the Capture Mode.
- Click to select the DV Device Selection button.
- Click the Auto Capture tab.
- Click the Capture button.
- In the Save Setting box, click the OK button.
- The video will be imported.
- In the Auto Capture Results windows, click the OK button.
- In the DVgate Plus box, click the Yes button to create a scene list.
- In the Save Scene list window, type a file name for the scene list.
- Click the Save button.