IMPORTANT: Depending on the mode of the camera, the external flash may not be available. Refer to the instruction manual of the camera for more information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure the external flash is properly inserted into the accessory shoe on the camera.
- If using the connection cord, ensure it is properly attached.
- If the external flash uses batteries, ensure fresh batteries are installed.
- Ensure that the POWER switch on the external flash is set to ON.
- Ensure the hot shoe setting on the camera is properly set for the type of external flash and camera being used.
- When using a commercially available standard external flash, ensure the hot shoe is turned on.
- If using a third party flash with standard ISO hot shoe mount, set it to Manual mode (flash power level has to be set manually).
- If a Sony® external flash is being used with an advanced hot shoe on a Sony camera, ensure the hot shoe is turned off.
- It may be necessary to refer to the instruction manual of the camera and external flash for specific information about the hot shoe. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure the READY lamp on the external flash is illuminated.