The table-top stand must be removed before mounting your TV on the wall. Follow the instructions below to remove the table-top stand.
WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury. If the precautions listed in the wall-mount bracket installation instructions are not observed, serious injury or death through fire, electric shock, the product toppling over or the product dropping can result.
IMPORTANT: Sony® recommends hiring a licensed contractor to install the wall-mount bracket. However, when attempting to install the wall-mount bracket yourself, refer to the wall-mount bracket instructions supplied with your TV for detailed information.
NOTE: The procedure differs depending on the TV model. You may not need to follow all of the steps below to remove the stand from the TV. If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the wall-mount bracket. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Place the TV, with its screen facing down, on a stable, cloth-covered work surface.
- If your TV has a cable holder, rotate the cable holder by 90 degrees and pull out the cable holder.
- If your TV has a hinge cover, remove the screws that hold the hinge cover to the TV.
- Detach the hinge cover from the TV.
- Remove the screws that hold the table-top stand to the TV.
- Detach the stand from the TV.